Are you looking for affordable cycling shoes? It can be a challenge to get the best ones, so in this article, I will give you a list of the best shoes under $100 and what to consider before you buy them.
I got on my first bike when I was 10 years old and I was never so scared in my life before! I faced my fears and it was the best thing I ever did. Cycling helped me interact with the world better, make friends, challenge myself, and have fun while working out. The freedom I feel when Iâ€™m riding is just extraordinary. To ensure nothing comes in between me and an amazing ride, I ensure to have all my gear on.
Aside from my helmet and pads, the shoes I chose to wear really play a part in how enjoyable the ride is. The fit and quality of the cycling shoes you wear will affect your power and force while cycling.
Getting the right cycling shoes is not an uphill task. You just have to consider the price, quality, material durability, and the comfortability of the pair you want to buy. In this article, I break down 7 of the best cycling shoes you can buy under $100.
The 7 Best cycling shoes under 100 dollars – Comparison table.
Tommaso Terra 100 Women’s Shoe
Nylon and mesh
GIRO Privateer R MTB Shoes
Nylon & Rubber
Triseven Premium Nylon Cycling Shoes.
Synthetic, , nylon and mesh
Pearl Izumi Menâ€™s V5 cycling shoe
Nylon and Composite Power plate
Gavin Elite Road Shoe
Santic Cycling Shoes
mesh and nylon
Shimano Womenâ€™s RP501W cycling shoes.
Carbon fibre, nylon
Tommaso Terra 100 Women’s shoes- Great for Mountain Biking, Spin and Indoor cycling[amazon box=”B071F91PTV” template=”horizontal” ]
The Tommaso Terra Womenâ€™s shoe is a good choice for anyone looking to buy an affordable and quality cycling shoe. It comes in a range of colors including teal, black and red which you can match with your training kit.
- Fiberglass reinforced sole.
- Durable Synthetic Leather.
- Ventilated mesh portion.
- Lock velcro straps.
The Tommaso Terra 100 Womenâ€™s shoe is high-end quality for a good price that wonâ€™t put a huge dent in your pocket. The shoe was made with a wide range of people in mind since its versatility. They are the best shoes to workout in, go for walks, and ride bikes in.
- Pre-installed SPD cleats that help with indoor cycling.
- The fiberglass-reinforced sole that allows you to ride longer and faster without using a lot of energy.
- The lock Velcro straps hug your foot comfortably and prevent any slips.
- The shoe has lugged rubberized sole recessed cleat attachment point to create versatility for walking, cycling, and touring.
- The shoe is only compatible with 2- bolt cleats.
- The shoe is not compatible with Peleton and Look Delta bikes.
The Tommasso Tera 100 Womenâ€™s shoe is a very good cycling shoe that comes with features that will help you get the most out of your workout. The shoes are comfortable during the upstroke and downstroke which will ensure you use minimum energy during your sessions or cycling outdoors. If you want to ride in confidence this is the shoe for you due to its value and design.
Giro Privateer R MTB Shoes.- Best shoes for Rocky terrain[amazon box=”B01LYGQHZW” template=”horizontal” ]
The Giro Privateer R MTB Shoe is a perfect choice if you are looking for a strong shoe that will be able to handle rocky, mountain rides with ease. It comes in a range of colors including the blue, black, and dark top with either orange or red outer soles so you can freely choose.
- Rubber Toe Cap.
- Breathable Microfibre
- Made of nylon and microfiber.
The Giro Privateer R MTB Shoe has two strap buckle closures that fit your foot comfortably one of them the N-2 buckles are replaceable. This shoe has a good grip to easily walk over rocks, roots while you cycle on your path. The shoe also has a snug fit that molds itself to you the rider for a comfortable experience throughout.
- The shoe has a breathable microfiber to ensure your feet do not overheat during your ride.
- The shoe has a stiff nylon outer sole that enhances durability and grip on rocks and roots.
- The rubber toe guard in the shoe ensures comfort.
- The strap buckles enhance support.
- The shoe has a narrow fit, which is not compatible with those of us with wide feet.
The Giro Privateer shoe is a lightweight shoe that is durable and affordable at the same time. This is the perfect shoe for you if you often ride through rocky mountain trails. The shoe is also available for both men and women to wear.
Triseven Premium Nylon Triathlon Cycling Shoes- Cycling shoes for enhanced performance[amazon box=”B0833DHBWL” template=”horizontal” ]
The Triseven Premium Nylon Triathlon Cycling Shoes. The shoe is a shoe made of nylon, breathable mesh, cool synthetic, and microfibre with a carbon sole.Â If you are in search of a shoe that will enhance your performance then this is the best pick for you.
- Synthetic upper with mesh underlays.
- The shoe has wide strap closures and loop heels.
- Cleats included are compatible with SPD-SL and SPD.
- Ventilated textile footbed.
The Triseven Premium Nylon Triathalon shoe has a reinforced outsole that provides rigidity and the insole for proper ventilation from the back of the shoe to the front to prevent your feet from heating up. Your feet will keep cool even if you go for a long day bike ride.
- The shoe has a velcro strap that enhances support without pressure points.
- It has a wide strap and loop heel that makes the shoe fits you perfectly.
- The wide front strap has reflective elements for your safety when you ride.
- It is made of ultra-lightweight carbon which makes it easy for you to move around in.
- The shoe has adjustment screws to tighten or loosen the fit.
- The shoe is not the best cycling shoe for a beginner.
The Triseven Premium Nylon Triathalon shoe is made for comfort for both men and women. With a wide range of colors, it comes in you can choose the best one suited for your taste. The shoes offer you quality, durability for a very good price.
PEARL IZUMI Men’s All-Road v5 Cycling Shoe- Durable and comfortable cycling shoe[amazon box=”B07VLCBVSK” template=”horizontal” ]
View price on Amazon
The Pearl Izumi Menâ€™s cycling shoe is durable and comfortable so your feet just slide easily. The upper material used in the shoe ensures your feet keep cool throughout.
- The shoe is 2-bolt SPD cleat compatible.
- It is made of the bonded seamless upper material.
- The shoe has three hoop and loop straps design.
- 2-bolt SPD cleat compatible.
As a cycling shoe, it has a rubber sole that ensures its firm grip on the ground. Most cyclers prefer rubber soles. It is very lightweight so you do not exert unnecessary energy.
- The seamless bonded upper is good for breathability and cooling your feet during all your rides.
- The shoe has a rubber tread that enables your feet to stand firmly on any ground.
- The three straps are adjustable so you can move them to fit you to pedal well.
- It has a nylon composite midsole that adds stiffness for increased power transfer to the pedal.
- It has a reflective touch on the sides of the shoe to ensure safety.
- Most of the shoe sizes run small so it is good to choose a size up.
The Pearl Izumi Menâ€™s shoe is a durable shoe that is good for cycling whether indoors or outdoors. The comfortable shoe has soles that increase performance during cycling to get you the most out of your workout. For a shoe, under 100 dollars you are getting quality and a long-lasting shoe that is sure to get you pumped for your workouts.
Gavin Elite Road Cycling Shoe – 2 and 3 Bolt Cleat Compatible cycling shoe[amazon box=”B006ZNPB28″ template=”horizontal” ]
The Gavin Elite Cycling shoe is a cycling shoe that enables high performance. The durable shoe is firm to provide support for you during cycling. It is also designed with comfort in mind for a good experience during the upstrokes and downstrokes.
- It has nylon fiberglass sole
- Made of mesh with synthetic microfibre.
- The buckle is micro-adjustable.
- It is compatible with 2 or 3 bolt including SPD, SPD-R, and SPD-SL cleats.
The uppers are made of synthetic microfiber leather and the soles of the shoe have vents in the nylon fiberglass to allow cooling airflow. These shoes are perfect if you want to get in long cycling workouts. The shoe offers a great foot to pedal connection for you to reduce the energy used to pedal.
- The shoe has a synthetic sole that provides durability so that your shoe lasts long.
- The breathable fabric allows airflow to keep your feet cool at all times.
- The adjustable buckle and two straps ensure the shoe fits perfectly for you.
- They are designed to work with clipless pedal systems.
- The shoe is primarily designed for comfort and versatility.
The Gavin Elite road cycling shoe is stiff to offer you perfect support while being comfortable at the same time. It is inexpensive for the quality of the shoe. If you are just getting into cycling this is the shoe for you its fit inside is perfect for beginners.
Santic Cycling Shoes for Men- versatile cycling shoe for men[amazon box=”B07TVWTDKP” template=”horizontal” ]
The shoe is designed for cycling at a very comfortable pace. It is versatile and can be used for both walking and cycling. There are various colors you can choose from green and yellow.
- The shoe has an adjustable lock clatch.
- leather and rubber soles.
- It has Elastic nylon Velcro straps that are easily adjustable.
- There is a lifetime after-sale service for all Santic products.
- The shoes have a highly tapered heel cup to enhance foot stability.
- The PU material used in the shoe has a good tensile strength making it available for various foot types.
- The shoe has an upper perforation makes it breathable and cool for you during cycling.
- The shoeâ€™s elastic nylon velcro straps are good for different shapes and height of insteps.
- The shoe is versatile and can be used for riding and walking.
- It is not recommended for advanced riders.
The Santic Cycling shoe for men is a professionally designed cycling shoe that is good for beginners. It is durable so good for you to cycle over long distances. The various designs give you a chance to find a cycling shoe that is up to your standard.
Shimano Womenâ€™s RP501W Performance cycling shoe- Cycling shoe designed for women[amazon box=”B07FR3CB9R” template=”horizontal” ]
View price on Amazon
This shoe is specifically designed for women, thus has a beautiful design that will catch your eye. It is lightweight and comfortable which makes it easier for you to transfer power to the pedals. The shoes are durable and affordable which is a good pick for you if you want to get back cycling as soon as possible.
- Durable wide heel pads on the shoe.
- It has a seamless one-piece upper.
- It has light carbon fiber that is reinforced with nylon sole.
The Shimano Womenâ€™s RP501 performance cycling shoe is available in colors, Navy dot, black and white which can easily blend with your biking outfit for the day. The shoe has the lightweight glass-fiber reinforced nylon sole with a carbon fiber composite plate that is efficient for good power transfer
- The shoe is a womanâ€™s specific fit which is comfortable and more natural.
- The wide heel pads on the shoe give you walking stability throughout your cycling.
- Optimum linkage of airflow over the outsole, insole and upper part of the shoe that enhances breathability
- The shoe has a luxurious design that comes in different colors you can choose from.
- Most come in narrow sizes.
This is an ideal shoe if you are looking for something fashionable yet affordable. The shoe is built for high performance so you can ride as fast as you want in comfort. Specifically targeted for women the Shimano Womenâ€™s RP501 performance shoe is good if you want to get serious with your riding.
What to consider when buying a cycling shoe under 100 dollars.
There are a few things to consider when buying a pair of cycling shoes. In this article, we look at the price, material, and durability of cycling shoes.
When you want to buy a cycling shoe the first thing that comes to mind is how much it is going to cost. You want something affordable that will not leave a huge hole in your pocket. Getting an affordable quality shoe can be a task on its own but be sure to come up with a budget first. You do not want to buy expensive shoes only for you not to use them as often.
The materials used in cycling shoes can vary from mesh, nylon, rubber that builds up the quality of the shoe. Materials such as rubber in the outer sole of the shoe ensure sturdiness and a firm grip on the ground which is a good choice. The inner material used is good for comfort while you ride so you should pay close attention to find something fitting and breathable for your feet. The material that makes the shoe has to be durable to last long.
You want a shoe that lasts long, not one that will only look good for a few months then you have to go back shopping for a new pair. Durable shoes can be identified by the structure of the shoe. You can tell by the warranty too, a shoe with a longer warranty is less likely to get worn out quickly. When looking for a durable shoe you can consider the path that you ride your bike on if it is rocky filled with thorns then a shoe with a strong outer fabric is the best for you. The longer the shoe lasts the better.
In summary buying, cycling shoes under 100 dollars is an easy task. You just have to have a shoe in mind that matches your taste. There are many types of shoes you can choose from as you have seen above they vary from design, material, and weight.
You should pick a cycling shoe that is light enough to push the pedals effortlessly. The shoe you should be within your budget since a lot of brands make quality affordable shoes. With all this information you are sure to buy an ideal cycling shoe that will breathe back life into your riding sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions.
- Which is the best cycling shoe to buy?
The best cycling shoes are ones that you are comfortable in and fit you well. A good cycling shoe should be strong and durable for support while you ride across different paths
- How will I know the shoe will fit me?
Make sure to use a sizing guide provided by the manufacturer if you canâ€™t try on the shoe. For a perfect fit, it shouldn’t be too snug.